Scholars' Studio: Research @the Commons
Grad Students and Postdocs: Looking for opportunities to present your research? Preparing for a conference or scholarly presentation and looking for presentation ideas? Need feedback on your presentation style? Interested in meeting scholars outside your discipline?
Submit a proposal for a 5-minute TED-style talk and join us at the 2013-2014 Scholars’ Studio series. Scholars’ Studio is a fun, informal event that features 10 rapid-fire ignite-style presentations (5 minutes each) given by graduate students and postdocs doing research on topics related to an interdisciplinary theme. Hosted by the UW Libraries Research Commons and The Graduate School, Scholars' Studio gives students the opportunity to share their research across disciplines, make connections and build presentation skills.
FALL QUARTER: Worlds Collide Research @the Commons. Join us on Thursday, November 21st from 4:00-5:30pm!
WINTER QUARTER: Robot Research @the Commons
- Date: Thursday February 27th 4pm-5:30pm
- Call for Proposals Due: January 31st, 2014
- Need ideas? Think: : Social Robots. Cyborgs in Film and Literature. Robotics. Drones. Artificial Intelligence and Ethics. Privacy and Robots. Human-Robot Interaction.
SPRING QUARTER: Predictions Research @the Commons
- Date: Thursday May 15th 4pm-5:30pm
- Call for Proposals Due: April 17th, 2014
- Need ideas? Think: Big Data. Forecasting. Election outcomes. Climate Change. Ambiguity and control. Large scale data sharing. Open Source. Economy. Dystopia in the arts.